Wednesday 17 February 2021

DFI 2 - Workflow

A great start to the day with Dorothy sharing the Manaiakalani Pedagogy with the focus on Learn/Ako. Again a great refresher about this amazing kaupapa. 


Today's focus was about managing our workflow so we explored calendar, google keep and gmail. These are all fantastic tools that I use everyday. One useful tip I picked up from Kerry on Google Keep which I am going to do is set up some feedback comments in keep that I can then access and use in google docs when providing feedback to my students.  I also learnt of some new extensions that will help manage my tabs, especially as I am a person that likes to have lots of tabs open. This might help my workmates too, as they like to hassle me about all my tabs open.

I am going to teach my students how to pin their tabs as some of them end up opening the same tab numerous times - this may help solve this.

Todays create task was to use a Blog post from lockdown and through google meet with a buddy answer the following questions about the post. Please excuse the baby noises in the background.

  1. What was the teaching design behind this post?

  2. What was the learner’s response ie the post content

  3. Who responded to the post and how did this support the learning experience or contribute more to the learning of the child?

Recording a Google Meet is a great way to create rewindable learning opportunities for our learners. 
A turbocharge example!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alicia,

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts - glad we were able to add some new tricks to your tool belt. I think using Google Keep for feedback is such a great idea! Good luck with taming those tabs!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. Yea I can't wait to try it once I am back in the classroom. My goal is to develop a bank of feedback comments while I am on maternity leave so they will be ready to use.

      Delete