Wednesday 10 March 2021

DFI 5 - Collaborate Sites

As always a lovely sharing from Dorothy about the Manaiakalani Pedagogy. Today's focus was on Visible Teaching and Learning - one of the structural elements that make Learn, Create, Share work!!

As the meaning suggests: Visible = See it (It needs to be Accessible and Available to all, and in Advance!)

Teaching and Learning needs to be visible to the learners, whanau, the teacher and colleagues. Digital technologies has helped make teaching and learning visible for students to have success. They no longer need to have the ability to read the teachers mind.

Having our teaching and learning accessible on our class site made lockdown easy for our learners and whanau. They could access the learning for the day and whanau were able to move through the tasks when the time suited them. 

The next part of the day focused on Multi-Modal which I have done lots of exploring of and I have made many resources to use in my classroom. The kids love it and it definitely engages them. I was very lucky to be on the Innovative Teachers with Angela Moala so learnt lots from her as she was creating this wonderful resource. When I had my sabbatical I spent time looking at lots of Manaiakalani schools and examples of multi-modal. I have included some of the examples of my site I created. 

The final part of the day was focusing on creation of sites. This is one area I am confident in using and enjoy putting together sites. One key point when creating sites is the importance if the WOW factor. 'It is the shop front window.'

As part of my group I began to create a site about Myths involving the Moa. Click on the image below to see the beginning of my site.

I have used the picture of the Moa on the road sign as my banner as I think this is a great provocation and will start some great discussion before we even start the reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment