Wednesday 3 March 2021

DFI 4 - Dealing with Data

Today began with the wonderful Dorothy sharing about SHARE. Social Media has sped up and amplified the power of sharing. We have always had the opportunity to share but sharing now with the power of digital has allowed it to go beyond our local community to become GLOBAL. An Authentic Audience for Sharing. 

Great Point for our learners: I am ready to SHARE!

Helping our young people to understand what finish means is really important. This is a very important simple life skill that students need to know for the real world.
Sharing can be a starting point to drive learning. 
Learn Create Share is no longer a linear thing. You can start at Create or Share. 

GOOGLE FORMS: I have used forms for lots of different purposes, both in the classroom and for school wide use as well as voice from our whanau so was confident with using them. One great idea that I picked up today was using it for a spelling or basic facts test and having the ability to lock the screen so the students can not access anywhere else.

GOOGLE MY MAPS: Another tool that I have explored but have not used with the students. Now that I will be teaching in the senior school I can make use of it for teaching measurement in maths. I created a map about some significant places in our community.

 

GOOGLE SHEETS: This is one area that I definitely need to learn more about. I picked up lots of useful tricks today that will be useful for both my teaching role and my role as DP. Love the idea of being able to quickly make a sparkline of students data. I can see how beneficial this is going to be when analysing student progress and achievement.

 Today's CREATE Task was to create a Blog Analysis. I used our Team Awa site. I created two graphs - one about posts per year and one on posts per month.
 




2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alicia,
    Google MyMaps is a great tool for measurement! So engaging for students creating their own maps. I really like your post analysis too, I wonder if the Feb increase is because everyone is well rested and excited about being back at school? Do you think you could do this activity with your learners?
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it could be - teachers are probably feeling the same and aren’t snowed under with paperwork.
    I do think I could do it with my learners

    ReplyDelete