Thursday 18 March 2021

DFI 6 - Enabling Access - Sites

 Today Dorothy talked about another important part of the Manaiakalani Kaupapa - CONNECTED. 

Being digitally connected empowers our learners.


Being apart of Manaiakalani allows us to connect with teachers and learners across the 100 schools.  Teachers do not need to feel alone on their journey, there is always someone to help and support. Because everybody understands the shared language it enables us to connect.

The rest of the day was spent exploring sites and working on our class sites. It is always great to have time to explore teachers sites and see what they are doing and 'steal' ideas. Like the saying goes - there is no point reinventing the wheel. I am looking forward to getting back to school next term and working on my own class site.

Because I am not in class at the moment I took the opportunity to share my site I created while I was on my sabbatical and show my bubble all the resources they have access to.

You can check out my site by clicking on the image below.



2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alicia, awesome to read your thoughts on last week's session. Like you, I always find it super helpful to be able to look at what other teachers are doing and get inspiration and ideas. That, for me, is one of the great parts of being connected through Manaiakalani. Also, thank you so much for sharing your site too. There are definitely resources in there which I am looking forward to using in my teaching. Thanks again, Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Alicia,
    Wow what a fantastic site you have there! So many awesome resources for all of our Manaiakalani teachers! The connection we have across our clusters is so powerful with that shared language and focus, being able to gather inspiration from other teachers is just great!
    Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and resources!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete